Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Give Muzak a Chance?

I'll admit that this is a strange post, even for me.

If I hear the word "Muzak," I think of tacky elevator music, often lame songs that have been stripped of their lyrics to become more lame. I don't have a completely changed perspective, yet, but I'm getting there. It appears that Muzak has reinvented itself (or maybe I just never understood it before) in the age of satellite radio and streaming digital music.

I ended up at the Muzak site thanks to Qdoba who apparently is in cahoots with the music service provider. I'll simply say that I was treated to some cool music.

Anyway, this is really just a post to share the following image borrowed from Muzak's site:
Not only do I find this to be a cool ad, but I agree with the message (in general, not necessarily in promotion of a music provider). I am an iPod shuffler. Generally, I love it! However, as much as I appreciate no longer flipping through my CDs and picking out 6 to go in my changer, I do find myself missing the album experience. Granted, Muzak is not selling the "album" concept--they are selling non-so-random mixes. Regardless, full albums often reveal the real story of songs.

I think I'll start playing full albums more often. Do I actually owe Muzak "thanks" for waking me up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Dave Wagner's Blog: My Thoughts on Your Screen by David N. Wagner is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.