Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

I'm a day early for this post, but this is my available time. Part of me is sad this year because I'm remembering, and missing, the huge Thanksgiving meals we used to have at my grandparents' house. I miss Grandma and Grandpa, and I miss the family gathering.

On the other hand, there is so much for which to be thankful and celebrate this year. First off, I survived unemployment with money to spare, and I am somehow able to immediately purchase a house--THAT is HUGE! Of course, there's also the fact that I found a job that matches my interests extremely well without compromise, so that's a real blessing in such a crumby economy. For that matter, the job and the community are probably a better fit than I was aware or would have designed.

I certainly cannot forget my family. My parents, who continue to love and support me, and who gave me shelter [again] this summer as I transitioned--how wonderful! It's great that I'll be spending the holiday with them. Even though I won't be spending this holiday with other family, it is still a blessing to have such amazing love and support--looking forward to seeing everyone at Christmas.

Of course, I must be thankful for my friends, too. One thing I realized this summer is just how many amazing friends I have all over the country. It's fantastic! I'm actually pretty surprised that I ended up moving someplace where I don't know anyone (although I do know people who used to live here).

I'm sure there is much more for which I should and will give thanks, but that should suffice for now. Since I'm thankful for a job, I should get to bed so I can go to work on time and rested in the morning.

Love, peace, and joy to all this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Dave Wagner's Blog: My Thoughts on Your Screen by David N. Wagner is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.