Friday, December 24, 2010

Homeowner: Day 2

Day 2 was a decent day. I slept in late on the air mattress, mostly because I did not sleep well (probably a combination of new place and air mattress).

Still no hot water, so no showering. I got dressed, organized a list for the day, and headed out. First it was off to Lowe's to return the garage door opener remote and to purchase a few small items (door stops, screwdriver, and hammer). Then it was off to Sam's to look at beds and research delivery options. Lunch was at White Castle--yum! I then visited several offices in town in order to file a mortgage exemption for my property taxes--this went very smoothly and probably deserves its own entry later.

The selling real estate agent met me to look at the water heater--no luck. I've been promised that I will have a working water heater by the time I return from vacation.

After a quick trip to the bank, I installed the door stops on all doors in preparation for move-in day when I return. Then I packed up and hit the road for Ohio. Another long night drive, but good to be home for the holidays.

That's it for now. More to come after the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Dave Wagner's Blog: My Thoughts on Your Screen by David N. Wagner is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.