Sunday, January 3, 2010

Weird start to 2010


I'm excited and nervous about the start to this year. For the first three nights of this year, I've gone to bed after 4am. Granted, this is *partly* because of moving. However, the full reality is that I get to a certain point by about 2am, and then I get online. Oh boy...this could be a problem.

Prior to the move, I contemplated my ideal day. I determined that it would start by waking up between 10-11am with a very relaxed/non-rushed morning routine leading up to brunch. Daily errands would follow, and something called "work" would begin around 3-4pm. "Work" would end Midnight-1am, and I would be in bed around 2-3am. Even with that crazy of an ideal, I'm still staying up way too late. I hope I get into a better routine before studying starts next weekend.

A colleague/friend announced her wedding engagement via Facebook today. It's very exciting, but I wish I had not posted a comment because now my e-mail is getting hit with all other posted comments. This is a wedding engagement, so there will be many comments. Oh well, what a neat use of social networking technology!


I think I would be writing poetry this weekend if it weren't for the moving. I played Guitar Hero 5 with friends last night, and I created my own rock star avatar. I made myself pale blue (and female...hmm), and that sparked some poetic inclinations after 2 beers. Perhaps the poetic inclinations sparked the blue avatar...or perhaps the movie AVATAR sparked both.

My entertainment center is completed tonight, including the first full installation of my wireless (well, sort of wireless) surround sound speaker system. There are still wires, but not running across the room from front to back. The CD line on my receiver is dedicated to an iPod dock, and my CD changer remains packed in it's box. The CDs will remain packed as well, and my CD racks will likely be converted to curio shelving. I have plenty of curio!

5am is quickly approaching, so I really should go to bed. To those with whom I interacted in the past day, I am very thankful for the interactions! To you with whom I did not interact, I hope fate allows us opportunities in the future.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Dave Wagner's Blog: My Thoughts on Your Screen by David N. Wagner is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.